Epic Fail...

I'mHooked

Well the pool wasn't producing much more than Aaron was catching on the lower the other day.

8 hours yesterday with only a sniff on a ½ ounce Chrome/Green Cleo. Something big that pulled drag for a few seconds then sent the spoon flying! :wallbash:

This was my 1st real adventure at using roe collected from last months lower trip with Castelleno.

Had some nice Brown roe to work with. Combination of fresh & cured. 5 colours of mesh, a few bags of each colour, 2-3 sizes in each as well. Made sure to have some bags approaching the size of a quarter incase water was coffee like.(Wife happy I didn't spill any while working in front of the TV :whistling: )

Spent on average an hour each at 8 different spots working the float anywhere from 10-50 feet out from waters edge just tumbling along bottom. Not even a bump. Tried various Mepps, cleos, & others. Only the 'spitter'.

Visibility was only 1½ feet or so.

Only saw a couple of others hook up the whole day. One guy hit the 'grand slam' of trout. Apparently his 'successful' weapon of choice was live minnows.

Oh well...at least I got some exercise and the scenery was nice.

Hike.JPG

Good luck out there this weekend!