HIp Wader care..

irishfield

Last pair I had where the Red Head completely rubber ones.. I left them in the airplane and they cracked front and back on the crease lines. Pair I bought last year to replace them have the nylon inners and outers with rubber sandwich.. I've stuffed them full of paper to keep their shape, like I should have done with the last pair, but should I be spraying them with silicon, shoe waterproofer or the likes??

Product description:

stretchable 3-ply construction sandwiches a resilient layer of special ozone-resistant rubber between two layers of lightweight 3-ply nylon jersey for 100% abrasion-resistant waterproof protection. The rubber layer resists cracking and deterioration to give you years of dependable use. Soft sponge rubber lining adds insulation. Reinforced cushioned knee pads soften the blow when kneeling.

THANKS !!!

Edited by irishfield

http://www.ehow.com/how_4522215_clean-waders.html

This may give you some pointers Wayne. I would maybe not use water repellent that uses petroleum products just in case it reacts with the rubber and dries it out.

Get a set of the hangers that hold the boot from the foot. Hang them up away from extremes of heat or cold and away from electric motors. They should be fine without any spray.

Wayne,

I should have added I worked the rubber car, appliance and aircraft industry for years. Ozone attacks most rubber to one degree or another and it attacks stressed rubber more agressively than unstressed. So when the rubber is folded those area on the outside of the folds are in tension and more subject to attack. ASTM ozone testing puts the samples in tesion then into an ozone chamber for varios times and temperatures. If you put the samples in a dynamic situation it increases the attack.

Thanks guys... I have them stuffed and hanging upright from the belt straps, as per the mfg, off one of my block and tackles in the shop. Probably move them to a closet when Leah's not looking! lol

Thanks NBR.. I knew I was the cause of the permature demise of the last pair..laziness can be costly.

Edited by irishfield