New toy

MJL

After spending a few years with my Panasonic FZ18 super zoom and borrowing my dad’s Nikon 40D for shooting product pics for the Whirlpool/Maytag company, I finally got a DSLR of my own. Picked up a very lightly used Canon 40D last weekend at a great price.

For size comparison, The Canon 40D is huge compared to my FZ18 (which I already thought was big compared to Canon’s Rebel line).

P1030773.jpg

My dad got me a used lens at the Henry’s photography show on Friday when we went. Canon 50mm F/1.8 Mark 1 (the predecessor to the newer nifty fifty available today).

It’s a ‘bokeh’ brown from this weekend that was mixed in with some steelhead.

IMG_3686.jpg

A picture that didn’t come out exactly as I had planned but the dreamy effect was pretty neat

IMG_3665.jpg

Definitely need to pick up a wider angled lens (possibly a 20mm prime or a standard zoom) as well as a few other accessories. Any recommendations for an all-round walk-around zoom for a decent price? Definitely excited to test out the 6fps burst mode on a jumping steelie in the coming weeks :D

Cheers and all smiles

Mike

Hey, Mike!! That bow pic might not have turned out how you wanted, but, personally I love it!! The hazey look is awesome, and, they never look better than when they have that colouration. :thumbsup_anim:

Breaking out the steelhead gear soon, after I put away the boat (hopefully with working lights, lol) and shed a tear.