Season's End

canuckjack

It's been a while since I've posted, been lurking around but haven't had much to say I guess.

I've had a great summer of fishing, first full year with the boat and I spent most of my time on the water chasing pickeral. In a year where everyone I saw and talked to said the same thing, it's been tough fishing, I feel like I guess that means I did alright. Brought a nice number of pickeral home and had some fun doing it.

Last weekend really capped off my summer though. I had just settled onto the couch to watch some football after a bunch of yard work and my 6 yr old came up and said "Dad, can we go fishing? I want to catch a perch" Well holy crap! You bet we can, there's a long story here, but he hasn't exactly shown much interest at all in fishing so this turn around at the end of the year was very exciting for me to see.

Results in the first 10 minutes, very important with the young'ins

IMG_1300_small.jpg

Yesterday was my last day out, wasn't supposed to be that way but we'll get to that... :whistling: It was a slow, cold, windy day for my brother in law and I but it paid off near the end with a couple of really nice bass, both of us enjoyed great fights and then they were released for us to catch again another day. Mr pickeral on the other hand is hanging out in my freezer ;)

IMG_1302_small.jpg

IMG_1305_small.jpg

IMG_1306_small.jpg

On the way home just as I turned onto the highway I started to feel a wobble in the trailer, wasn't sure what to think of it until my brother in law said "dude your tire is smoking!" Seems the bearings exploded on the right side tire. We were only 3 kms from my house so I limped er back home.

The scene of the disaster

IMG_1312_small.jpg

So today I decided I would officially end the season instead of trying to get the trailer back together real quick. I built myself a motor stand, and a rack for my rods, pulled the motor off, then removed the transom which I thought was probably a little soft...well turns out it's absolutely finished. I'll take my time, replace the bearings and seals on the trailer maybe new hubs if they're needed, rebuild the transom and get some work done on the motor and hopefully we'll be ready to rock and roll in the spring.

Gotta show off the new stand

IMG_1310_small.jpg

A very rotten Transom

IMG_1311_small.jpg