Lower Buckhorn, awesome, but quiet this weekend

Raycaster

Spent Sunday on Lower Buckhorn with the brother-In-Laws trying to sneak in one last fishing day.

1st time in the area and quickly had a huge grin on my face viewing some areas with 12ft of water, abundant weeds and cover - obvious big game territory.

Reminded me of Cache Bay on steroids! Can't say enough about the area, and boy it was busy with atleast 2-3 visible boats wherever we went.

We hit it with everything and looked promising as we had 2 healthy fish follow the lures to the boat within minutes.

Results: A single 13" small mouth for 2 boats and almost 7 hours...

Not a great way to end the year but I defineatly want to get back next year early!

Guest Johnny Bass

I've always done well on lowerbuck in the fall. But its sounds like its getting pounded real hard! I guess the word is out that the lake rocks! If your getting follows it means your using the right bait but you have to slow down or vary your retrieve. Thanks for the report and good luck on your next outing.

Best time is either early morning or right before dark.

Edited by Johnny Bass

I've always done well on lowerbuck in the fall. But its sounds like its getting pounded real hard! I guess the word is out that the lake rocks! If your getting follows it means your using the right bait but you have to slow down or vary your retrieve. Thanks for the report and good luck on your next outing.

Best time is either early morning or right before dark.

As we were renting an extra boat we had to wait till 9am to get out... Water Temp 55-56...

Since we had the smaller rental we actually lifted the 9.9 and rowed into some tight spots hoping the "Pro Boats" had stayed away not wanting to scratch any of their metallic paint 8).

Disappointed but the area is just too perfect not to try again. Didn't get down to Deer Bay, maybe next year.