NF - MCSE and COMP TIA

jat

Hey guys, I am considering taking these courses full time and was wondering if anyone could suggest good schools/training programs that don't run for just 2 or 3 days and cover just the advanced topics. I would be looking for full time courses or condensed courses that cover all bases from basic to advanced. I've done some research but just don't know which are the better programs/schools out there. Also, any good books that you can think of would be most helpful as well.Thanks for any help.

James

Hey guys, I am considering taking these courses full time and was wondering if anyone could suggest good schools/training programs that don't run for just 2 or 3 days and cover just the advanced topics. I would be looking for full time courses or condensed courses that cover all bases from basic to advanced. I've done some research but just don't know which are the better programs/schools out there. Also, any good books that you can think of would be most helpful as well.Thanks for any help.

James

Hi James,

You can get some tests here:

http://www.examcollection.com/

I will recommend to do them before exam, most of the question are in those files. But to prepare i will recommend microsoft books for MCSA/MCSE.

MCSE and COMP TIA aren't really geared towards those who have no knowledge. These are kind of like industry standard for those companies who accept them. But most wouldn't hire someone with only these as their computer training background.

I know there are several community colleges that will take you from basic knowledge to being ready to pass certs to become a MCP (microsoft certified professional).

If you really know what your doing with computers, and can prove yourself you could get a decent job with only compTIA or a few random Microsoft certs, but if you are worried about taking a quick refresher course then taking the exam... its not for you.

I took my training at TRIOS college.

TRIOS College

The course I took was the 52 week Network Engineer course.

Be prepared to spend some $$$$$ though. Back in 1999 when I went the cost was $20,000 for the year. It paid off big time though as I'm now an IT Manager with the government of the North West Territories. :thumbsup_anim:

I took my training at TRIOS college.

TRIOS College

The course I took was the 52 week Network Engineer course.

Be prepared to spend some $$$$$ though. Back in 1999 when I went the cost was $20,000 for the year. It paid off big time though as I'm now an IT Manager with the government of the North West Territories. :thumbsup_anim:

I wish I could talk my wife to moving out of the Niagara Region... so many better paying IT jobs anywhere else!