Lowrance, Humminbird or Eagle..?

jbailey

i have a lowrance hds 5. i absoluetly love it.

i had an issue with it about 2 months after i purchased it and called up lowrance customer support and they said come on in and they will have a look at it. i wasnt in there 10 minutes and i was leaving with a brand new unit in my hands. no questions asked. i didnt even have to show a receipt. this was just after walleye opener so fairly recent.

they were also very helpful to other people in the customer service centre while i was there.

I've had a Lowrance Sonar / GPS on the boat for 20 years and love it.

The sonar is great. We also have an Eagle unit (sonar only) that's almost as old as the Lowrance, but there is no comparison.

I have had issues with the Lowrance over the years, but always my fault, not the machine or technology.

When the day comes that I am forced to replace my unit, I will keep an open mind and look at all manufacturers before making any decisions.

Good luck.

Humminbuzzard = :asshat: just an opinion made after seening numerous guys ready to throw them overboard.

Opps, misread that. Never heard the term humminbuzzard before... I like it. I have had one "humminbuzzard that gave me issues, was replaced quickly. However, a bud of mine I fished a couple years with had the Garmins and never had an issue with them.

I have had a few lowrances and replaced them all, sold a couple on OFC too, one to a guy who was/is quite happy with it if I remember right. I just know I was/am not.

PS. Charles will you be my friend?

Edited by Harrison

Phil, Chuckie will have to talk to you later...he's out in the rain trying to get his bird to work.

The neighbours complained about that activity Roy so I came back inside... lol

I'm not mad at Lowrance (well, maybe a little) but more mad at myself. It's fool me once shame on you, fool me 7 times, shame on me. :)