Anyone do their own rust-proofing?

scugpg

as for the undercoating I believe that Fluid Film is about the best.

I've sold It for years and tried it 15 years or so ago made with sheeps wool oil and believe in it as much as I believe in Seafoam. :clapping:

As for the gun it's a fair price for what you get(run of the mill).. you will also need a good 5/16 cobalt drill bit and some 5/16 body plugs to do a good job.

But once you've done it .. spend the extra $$$ (300$ or so)and buy an electronic rust control device such as a Guardian or Counter Act... I used to sell those too and have owned one for the past 7 years ... My Expedition is still rust free and my Mazda 6 will be for a long time...a good investment if you're not a leaser and keep your vehicles.

This is old technology in a new box that has stood the test of time... long gone are the days of undercoating for me. :thumbsup_anim:

Randy

:canadian:

Thanks Scugog.Anybody know how much Fluid film I'd need to rustproof a 1/2 ton pick up ?

Frame and undercarriage 1 gallon... if you plan on going in from the inside ( doors , rocker panels, fenders and quarters add another 1/2

gallon..... don't worry about the overspray it's biodegradable and edible...It actually tastes like peppermint.

Scrape off any scaled rust before applying though.

Randy

As for the gun it's a fair price for what you get(run of the mill).. you will also need a good 5/16 cobalt drill bit and some 5/16 body plugs to do a good job.

Randy what gun would you recommend? I've never seen another one around here that has the hose attachments etc.

#9 on page 62 of the NAPA flyer. $51 bucks comes with hoses and everything. http://www.napacanada.com/flashpublication/Promotions/EN/Catalogue3/

I get the cans of Fluid Film and spray my car. Much better product than the Krowns/Rust Checks of the world.

Why would I want to rust proof my own vehicles when you live so close? LOL

Gimme a shout if you want to get out today

Why would I want to rust proof my own vehicles when you live so close? LOL

Gimme a shout if you want to get out today

If you can find me a hoist to use I would gladly to yours as well! Its my only frustration trying to rust-proof with the ramps and jack stands :wallbash:

Randy what gun would you recommend? I've never seen another one around here that has the hose attachments etc.

That gun is good .. most shops will use the same one...It's just rebranded over and over again....from Ultra-Pro to Uni-Tool, Maxx-Air

ect...it will for sure do the job at a fair price.

Randy