Almost that time of year for me anyways!

lookinforwalleye

I have always done the winterizing myself as it is pretty easy with most 4and 2 stroke engines, this year I have a something new in the 2008 90HP Optimax according to the owners manual it seems pretty straight forward but I have read that the sparkplugs are difficult to get of these engines any comments or insight would be appreciated.

Never mind Leatherdale Marine in Orillia is going to do it!

Probably a 100 bucks well spent!

Edited by lookinforwalleye

Hi Brian apparently they are I got them off the Merc web site.

As far as fishing Dalrymple goes Brian not much really rather disappointing to be honest caught lots of fish but no real size, really didn`t get out as much as I would have liked I usually like to get over to Balsam and Simcoe a few times but only managed to get to Balsam once and didn`t even make it to Simcoe and it`s only 20 minutes away.The wife does not fish that much anymore and my boys for the most part I guess would rather do their own thing than go out fishing with there old man,fishing by yourself gets boring after awhile if it`s more of the same next year I just may sell most of my stuff and just get a little tinny with a small motor and putt around the lake. Okay enough of that I sound like a whiny old man.

As far as the park goes the wife and I enjoyed our first year met some real nice people and had some good times, I hope to see you up a bit more next year!

so new mercurys do not have a fogging plug/valve like evinrudes and johnsons? just curious as i can fog my johnson thru a single maintenance valve.

amd not to ruin it for anybody but no commments about "fogging my johnson" <_<

Edited by smally21

so new mercurys do not have a fogging plug/valve like evinrudes and johnsons? just curious as i can fog my johnson thru a single maintenance valve.

amd not to ruin it for anybody but no commments about "fogging my johnson" <_<

LOL, sorry, but you brought it up!...and after all...it is your johnson.

Gord,

I can't believe how few times I did get up there this year. I have never had more time off in the summer in my life, as I do these days. Still could not see to make it happen enough!

Every time i went out, i did manage to catch a few fish with the exception of the last time. I had one follow and one on for a few seconds....and that was it. I'm only giving it a couple of hours at a time and this last time was mid day. It would be good to get out with you at least once!