Kawartha Musky

Gregoire

That equates to 3 over 44, 16 over 40 and 23 under 40. I seem to catch the vast majority under 37 on Scugog so I'm doing something wrong.

a majority of my biggest ones came in a 3 week window mid summer and i was out on the water as much as possible. i live next to the lake literally and i was out for those 3 weeks around 3-4 times a week. most of my fishing as been in evening, not sure if that gives you any more clues as to when the big girls bite.

yesterday i was out from 4-8 and caught 3 - a 43.5, a fat 38 and a high 20's

check out the 38..starting to get nice and fat

fatso.JPG

I think the Kawarthas are a great fishery - tough weekend however - I found a group of guys from ohio broken down just as I wanted to fish, towed them home stayed for dinner and beers. Had to leave the boat! get wife to pick me up

Now to answer the question, I think any Muskie in Kawartha over fifty is very unusual (see my posts) I have not got the number of Pete but 50 plus in my boat this year with me getting 34. I have nver split out the averages as I am interetsed in getting them back in. In three year and 100 skis never one over fifty. Although i believe Lees below is as close as you will see.

All I can say is see the one attached it is the biggest ever I have seen (Lee owes me huge not my musky but caught at 1:45am)It is not a great Photo but we measured it on the tape side of boat it was curved at 46 inches. We didnt measure the guy the weekend before last but it was also huge so were the waves (See me below)

2010_06050060.jpg

2010_09040007.jpg

I need to find some bigger muskies - pretty impressive numbers for some people here. I seem to wade thru a ton of under 40's with only about 30% being over 40 and very few above 44. I have started fishing elsewhere lately as I am getting greedier, but a 40" kawartha ski is still a lot of fun and a nice fish. I love the castability of the Kawartha fish - that is the attraction for me:)

Edited by landry

I'll third that, Dan! There are certain fish that you can pull up in your mind at the drop of a hat. I'd say that the very first one you hook is the "original" trophy that, in all actuality, hooks you. Thats how it was for me, anyways. I've only ever caught Kawartha muskie from Scugog and Sturgeon, though, and they seem kind of inferior compared to other regions. Still some long fish, don't get me wrong. Just that, like some others mentioned, 'Bog fish are rather lean for their length. Same could be said for the ones I've seen out of Sturgeon.