cleaning up the woodshop

smally21

well its pouring rain and the kidlets are back at school so its time to venture downstairs and see if the wood shop is still there - it is, covered in 6ins of sawdust from god knows when (about the time i opened up the boat in the spring)! so the constant sweeping and vacuuming begins again for the winter. took a couple pics of some of my goodies and how i keep my shop organized. maybe you've got storage ideas for small shops. here are some of mine.

first the table saw - lose the router table and add a wing to the saw. end up with giant router table without having xtra piece in the shop.

007.jpg

the chop saw is along the wall - its on a portable so it can travel with me (though it is HEAVY) or get out of the way. a small compressor is mounted to the dust collector - all ireally need to run nailers and blow off the tools.

137.jpg

this saves tons of space - planer, jointer and a couple of sanders on one rolling unit - plus four huge drawers full of small power tools. each tool can run full length stock without interference - plus it powers up on one cord.

010.jpg

two wall shelves hold raw lumber - plus they have builtins for blades, nailers, drills, routers. drill press and band saw picd here as well. there is a million receptacles so everone has their own. circuit are layed out every other in case you run a few items at once.

todY003.jpg

rolling cart for sheet goods and another shelf, this fits shoe box style tubs for sandpaper, screws and nails, whatever. and more lumber on top

todY002.jpg

only one bench (crap collector) for assy. scroll saw and spindle sander, plus router fence live underneath. its 6 by 3 which is just big enough.012.jpg on wheels of course

012.jpg

air cleaner a must - it is on with the lights, so i leave it on for a while after im done, then shut it off from the top of the stairs. keeps everything clean - a must have!

011.jpg

thats about it. thanks for checkin it out, oh, and cleaning that made me hungry so a little bbq.....

004.jpg