inflatable boat leaking whe stay long?

saneryin

I bought a new inflatable boat this year only use 2 times. never touch or hit any sharp stuff in water in my memory.

then I put it in my garage, inflated, but not very high pressure. say, it is full inflated shape but not to the pressure(3.5 PSI) that ready to launch, since I only store it.

3 weeks later, I feel the boat is soft, now, 6 weeks past, I feel it is more softer. apparently it is leaking air.

Is it common for a inflatable boat to leak after stayING a certain PERIOD of time, such as a few days or weeks?

Or it is not supposed to leak until it is very long time (months or years), but in my case it leaks because I did not inflat the boat to full pressure (3.5 psi)?

Is there anybody have an inflatable boat share experience with me? I have searched in the past 1 hours, but get nothing.

Thanks!

I bought a new inflatable boat this year only use 2 times. never touch or hit any sharp stuff in water in my memory.

then I put it in my garage, inflated, but not very high pressure. say, it is full inflated shape but not to the pressure(3.5 PSI) that ready to launch, since I only store it.

3 weeks later, I feel the boat is soft, now, 6 weeks past, I feel it is more softer. apparently it is leaking air.

Is it common for a inflatable boat to leak after stayING a certain PERIOD of time, such as a few days or weeks?

Or it is not supposed to leak until it is very long time (months or years), but in my case it leaks because I did not inflat the boat to full pressure (3.5 psi)?

Is there anybody have an inflatable boat share experience with me? I have searched in the past 1 hours, but get nothing.

Thanks!

1) You will not be able to achieve the desired pressure with just a electric pump, if that is what you're using. You must still use a hand pump afterwards to add pressure to the boat (in order to make it firm)

2) And yes, if you leave the boat inflated for long periods of time it will deflate, especially if the weather is cooler. Hot weather will actually increase the pressure of your boat which could potentially pop it...but, if you've been leaving it in the garage, with the cooler weather, it will deflate.

If you had a leak it would deflate a lot faster than over a period of days or weeks.