Lower Buckhorn Report

Kawartha Kev

Well just got back from the cottage on lower Buckhorn after a couple days. Weather wasn't the greatest but did manage to get in some fishing. Wind was strong so I was limited to the back bays off the main lake as my 12ft tinny was not up to the big lake. Anyway managed some largemouth bass and 2 muskies. The best musky was a solid chunky 36" and the other was a smaller 30" with a really bad scar on its side but otherwise healthy as it put up a better fight going airborne twice and swam away fine. The outings also produce lots of wildlife including a pair of bald eagles really huge compared to the many osprey on the lake. I also came across a breeding ball of garter snakes if you are not familiar with this it is a ball of snakes all wrapped up together usually consisting of one large female and several small males pretty need to see unfortunately I did not have my camera with me for the fish or wildlife isn't it always the way. anyway looks like the fishing is heating up for the fall I'll half to remember my camera next time!!

Kawartha Kev

Guest Johnny Bass

Well just got back from the cottage on lower Buckhorn after a couple days. Weather wasn't the greatest but did manage to get in some fishing. Wind was strong so I was limited to the back bays off the main lake as my 12ft tinny was not up to the big lake. Anyway managed some largemouth bass and 2 muskies. The best musky was a solid chunky 36" and the other was a smaller 30" with a really bad scar on its side but otherwise healthy as it put up a better fight going airborne twice and swam away fine. The outings also produce lots of wildlife including a pair of bald eagles really huge compared to the many osprey on the lake. I also came across a breeding ball of garter snakes if you are not familiar with this it is a ball of snakes all wrapped up together usually consisting of one large female and several small males pretty need to see unfortunately I did not have my camera with me for the fish or wildlife isn't it always the way. anyway looks like the fishing is heating up for the fall I'll half to remember my camera next time!!

Kawartha Kev

Thanks for the report. Sounds like a great day spent with mother nature.