Fishing the 12 mile in St Cath.

rockfish

Never caught one that was this colour before and maybe a blue cat ?

12milecat.jpg

12milecatback.jpg

My fishing partner Michelle also got her first channel cat a bit before mine but a couple lbs lighter. :D

Mishycat.jpg

Other than those late in the day after the rains, just caught a decent 2 lb smallie, a goby and a rockbass. :Gonefishing:

On a blue you need 30 rays on the anal fin and a squared leading edge. Channels have 24 - 29 rays and a roundes shape to the anal fin. In the L Erie watersheds there have been a number of incidental catches of blues conforming to the accepted description of the species. Most likely causes for the extension of their range would be warming water temps and artificial connection tween the Ohio and Mississippi systems and the Great Lakes.

Edited by bigugli

Most likely causes for the extension of their range would be warming water temps and artificial connection tween the Ohio and Mississippi systems and the Great Lakes.

Thats impossible.... everyone knows that no fish can pass around that electric barrier :sarcasm:

Burt :)

those are some long cats, great job man

Thanks, they put up decent battles and was hoping my 10 lb mono would hold without getting scraped up on bottom.

We still haven't gotten out to the harbour for a fish yet but u are too busy answering phones, lol.

On a blue you need 30 rays on the anal fin and a squared leading edge. Channels have 24 - 29 rays and a roundes shape to the anal fin. In the L Erie watersheds there have been a number of incidental catches of blues conforming to the accepted description of the species. Most likely causes for the extension of their range would be warming water temps and artificial connection tween the Ohio and Mississippi systems and the Great Lakes.

I wondered if u were just fibbing to me on Sunday, Bruce.

:rolleyes: Too bad we had that cold front and the water was back up another 4 feet so after the fish relocated it was hard to find the bite. :huh: