A two-for... Reports...

The JAY

Well, after the Muskoka trip I was feeling a little disappointed. After hearing all sorts of good things about Butterfly Lake, I was amped to get into the pike and bass. When we arrived at the cottage, we found out that someone blew the motor on the boat the previous weekend, so... NO BOAT! :wallbash: Okay, so dock fishing is was.

Nothing really worth taking pictures of: 1 x 27" pike, some decent cats with the young'uns, 2 smallies, some perch and 2 BIG sunfish. (Didn't have the camera with me since I was pouting about the boat...:whistling:)

Okay, so I got back from the trip and decided to spend some time up on the Grand. Cast out a perch coloured spoon that I still had on my baitcaster, and first retrieve a nice little walleye. :thumbsup_anim:

After a couple more casts I hooked a fish that I'm not familiar with. I've caught smaller versions on a walleye rig, but never on a spoons. If anyone knows what it is, I'd be grateful for the info. Thanks!

DSC00180.JPG

Sheephead

They love glow in the dark spoons too. I often get them while fishing piers for the salmon early in the run. They're quite omnivorous...I got a couple this summer while fishing for carp using corn

DSC_2990.jpg