Port Weller Boat Launch Accessible?

muskieb

Was just wondering if anyone has been by the boat launch in Port Weller the last couple of days that can advise as to whether it is possible to drop a boat in. Would like to try and get in tomorrow if possible and had heard a rumor it may be doable.

Thanks,

Brad

Made it down to Port Dalhousie today and got the boat in for the first time since January, man did that feel good! Boat launch was a little nasty launching due to ice, but was cleared up nicely by the time we loaded at 7:30pm.

Had to play in the river until about 1:00pm due to the lake being a little too rough for my boat, but once we made it out we managed three nice lake trout. I have attached a pic of the first one caught, the baby of the three, but the first fish landed in my new boat. Second and third fish were a solid 10lbs each. Great start to the year.

Can't wait for the salmon to show up!

Yes, that was us. Was kinda hoping we would tie into a nice silver like you had one when we arrived, but turned out to be a great day anyways and got to try out the new equipment. Figured out a few of the bugs that need fixing before the next outing.

If you end up back out there, all of our action ended up being in 65 feet of water, bouncing spoons off bottom.

Great chatting.