Would this battery suffice for electric trolling motor

Hooked

I was looking for a cheap battery that I can use for my transom mount trolling motor. What are your thoughts on this one? Would it suffice? I have an older 3 HP Minn Kota.

Reason I want a cheap one is because it will only be used sparingly for the trolling motor.

12-Volt Battery

Edited by Hooked

As you live in the Creek like me, there is an Interstate shop on Garden ave near the service rd that sells refurbished interstate batteries. Call them up and see if they have any deep cycles. They may charge you 50$ or so. They still give you the warranty as well. By refurbished were talking they were scratched on the assembly line, thus Interstate wont put their name on it. If your going to spend the money, do it right. Im sure you will get a much longer life out of it too. Just a thought.

As you live in the Creek like me, there is an Interstate shop on Garden ave near the service rd that sells refurbished interstate batteries. Call them up and see if they have any deep cycles. They may charge you 50$ or so. They still give you the warranty as well. By refurbished were talking they were scratched on the assembly line, thus Interstate wont put their name on it. If your going to spend the money, do it right. Im sure you will get a much longer life out of it too. Just a thought.

That battery is a light duty cranking battery, you need a deep cycle for your purpose. I'd look into what Fish4Eyes has suggested. Sounds like you would save a few dollars had have the right battery for the job.

Thanks guys, was going to hit the place tomorrow morning before I go on vacation, but they are closed, and close at 5 today when I'm just off work. Figures I find out of a good place and I can't make it!

Edited by Hooked