Music Lovers..

dsn

I have MP3 which I take when I head to my fishing whole on transit.

I normally buy CD's. But haven't bought any for a long long time because theres no paticular music group I like these days.

I was wondering where do most folks on this board get their music? Doesn't matter what kinda of music you listen to.

I want to know is there any good sites to get music from. Plus I guess there are fees to these download

sites for this that's ok. I'm looking to see if there is a favorite one everyone goes to.

Hopefully they have a variety of music.

Thanks

DSN

Although its against the rules to do, I just use torrents ..

to do it legitimately, mp3raid.com ... it hosts all the mp3's that have been put on the internet legally, for free download .. I use that aswell ..

iTunes is pretty good, but, the prices are slightly higher than other sites(apple takes a cut of purchase)

if the band has a myspace page, usually they post 4 or 5 free tunes on there, usually the bigger 'hits' of the band ..

but mostly just torrents.

Some artists are trade friendly and don't mind if fans tape performances and trade, believe the

"Greatful Dead" were the first to do this with a taper's section in the audience back in the 70's. Couple of sites that have a lot of legal free downloadable music are:

http://www.archive.org/details/etree

http://wiki.etree.org/

There are other sites that use torrents that you have to be a member of to use the trackers, they also trade what are known as ROIO's, "recordings of independent origin". These are audience recordings of concerts, recordings of FM radio shows and even DVD's of TV specials, audience recordings and broadcast concerts that are not copyrighted or available commercially. As a member of quite a few of these let me recommend

Dimeadozen

The Trader's Den

Lossless Legs

HungerCity and

Pure Live Gigs

google should put you to the Homepage of these sites should you wish to go this far and join

Going to commercial and copyrighted material, I have had issues with the previously mentioned Pirate Bay, not with a virus in the actual downloaded material, but some of the banners, pop ups and ads seem to have issues with them, BEWARE!!!! I would try Demonoid.com first, don't seems to have the same issues there, it is a member site as well but will let you download recent uploads without membership.

Hope this helps you or anyone else interested in music.

Going to commercial and copyrighted material, I have had issues with the previously mentioned Pirate Bay, not with a virus in the actual downloaded material, but some of the banners, pop ups and ads seem to have issues with them, BEWARE!!!! I would try Demonoid.com first, don't seems to have the same issues there, it is a member site as well but will let you download recent uploads without membership.

Hope this helps you or anyone else interested in music.

the pirate bay does have terrible banner ads ....

demonoid has open registration every friday .. and if you want an invite, i think i have a bunch for them.

If you wanna stay within legal areas, probably you should use iTunes or something of the like. Most of the sites listed here are simply torrent download sites. The music ain't paid for.

Why not copy all of your CDs to mp3 and transfer them to you mp3 player?

Plenty of aritsts also have mp3s for download off of myspace, facebook etc.

I can't find some songs off torrent sites. It's limited that's why I was thinking doing it legally.

Dsn

What are you looking for?? I've been able to find digital copies of vinyl LP's that were never reissued as CD's. People have gone to the work of inputting a turntable into their soundcard. Most often they will be .flac files " free lossless audio codec" but they can be converted to mp3's if you want. Legal sites like Itunes tend to focus on new and popular stuff, the more obscure stuff always had better luck on the torrent sites.