Nippissing

i dont know if that end of the lake is anything like the west arm. if it is, i wish you good luck, we were up at lakair a few weeks back and the fishing was real tough. the water was down at least 3'. seems all the fish we were marking were in deeper channels. 15-30' of water. i hope things change in the next few weeks, i'd like to get into some fish over the labour day weekend when we're back up there. let us know how it works out for you

ryan

Another question, anyone know where to launch at Callander Bay?

Take the main street into Callander. Turn left at the Tavern and Royal Bank and the launch is at the end of the road. There is no where to tie off, so I hope you have someone with you!!

Pike are a little harder to find in Callander the west arm is better. You can try the tall cat tails on your right as you leave the launch. Or you could try wasi falls, just look for the water falls across the bay on your left from the launch. Hope this helps

Scooter

Lefroy,

Scooter is giving you the right advice. When you launch just go to your right (West shore) there are weeds the full length of the bay. If the wind is blowing in (from the south or south east) it makes for very enjoyable drift fishing. Just find a depth and drift. The other option is of course trolling. There are alot of big pike and some very big muskie in Callander Bay. I have a 34" (23 lbs.) mounted on my wall from there. Bass are all over and drive me crazy when fishing for walleye. Of note the walleye fishing has been good all year in Callander Bay. The water levels have not affected the bite at all. If you find a shoal or a rocky point work it with a jig and live bait and you should find some. I still hear reports of 30 walleye in a day. Pat attention to the SLOT SIZE. It is different then on Talon. Read the regs and the exceptions.

Guest Johnny Bass

Take the main street into Callander. Turn left at the Tavern and Royal Bank and the launch is at the end of the road. There is no where to tie off, so I hope you have someone with you!!

Pike are a little harder to find in Callander the west arm is better. You can try the tall cat tails on your right as you leave the launch. Or you could try wasi falls, just look for the water falls across the bay on your left from the launch. Hope this helps

Scooter

Correct. Darling harbour. My experience is that it is packed with pike and smallies. Try going straight across the launch till you hit the shoreline. Look for reeds on the shoreline and pound that entire area. Look for deep rocky drop offs early in the morning and late evening. There is one, right in front of the launch. Its great early morning.

Try trolling around the Islands that lead to the main lake( I'd imagine the water level is lower so watch for shoals, get a map).

Just cover shoreline and you cant go wrong.

As far as Nipissing? I'd say the chance of catching bigger pike would be in North Bay. All around the town dock, the channel and similar areas hold big pike.

Guest Johnny Bass

Thanks ALOT guys, can't wait to get up there! Johnny do you mean launch from Darling Harbour?

Yes. Darling harbour in Callander(good for numbers). Though if your after bigger pike? Fish the main lake.I have done very well just fishing off the government dock in North bay.