Fishfinder: Lowrence 2010 HDS5X

rick55

I am interested in purchasing the Lowrence 2010 HDS5X fishfinder and I am looking for some feedback on whether I should buy it.

Any opinions (good or bad) is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance to those who responded!

Rick

While it is a fine unit the X series means it does not have the gps ability like the hds5 which does. If you have the funds upgrading to the hds7 makes the split screen much easier to read being bigger. If the X series is good enough then the 5's screen is large enough. I am running the hds7 with the lss-1 module and I am very happy with the way it preforms. Take the time to learn the unit and how to adjust it manually you will be amazed at what you can see...

Art

I also have an HDS-7 and it was well worth the money. It shows alot of detail and runs flawlessly. Just as aplumma said, take the time to learn the features so you can adjust the setting properly, thats critical.

I don't have the structure scan on it, but I hope to add it soon, but I still am confident in what the HDS-7 shows me.

If you can afford the upgrade from the HDS-5 to the 7, i think its worth the price.

Good Luck