Cumulus Rod models

Guest LivingLegend

Guest LivingLegend

Just wanted too see if yawl OFNer's could give me some advise on what rod model would be best for my situation. If Im gonna spend the cash on one of these rods ( might wait till next yr) I sure would like to have the right model. I mostly fish for Pike, Walleye and Bass below are the models in the specifications sec. I would like model#CMLC65M but is that ok for Pike/Walleye??

http://fish.shimano....er/cumulus.html

Edited by LivingLegend

There's no doubt these are some of the lightest and best looking production rods around. At $350.00 and $400.00 US each, they are a little rich for my blood, but I would grab one in a second if it turned up in the classifieds...grin.

Garry2R's

Guest LivingLegend

There's no doubt these are some of the lightest and best looking production rods around. At $350.00 and $400.00 US each, they are a little rich for my blood, but I would grab one in a second if it turned up in the classifieds...grin.

Garry2R's

It is pretty high priced, hope it goes done next yr. Just wanna know whats good for my situation.....

Guest LivingLegend

I'm in the process of getting an all purpose rod as well and I think I'm going to go with the St. Croix Legend Extreme (though my model may be a little too light for big Pike).

Ya, thats why Im trying to figure out what model will be best for the Pike Walleye and Bass. Riverfisher22 has given me an all around good model suggestion (CMLC610MH) which I found selling as a demo. I just wanna make sure it isnt all scruffed up.

I was wondering. Shimano has a life warranty, with these one pc rods, what happens when u have it in the car and you bust the tip, is this covered??

Ya, thats why Im trying to figure out what model will be best for the Pike Walleye and Bass. Riverfisher22 has given me an all around good model suggestion (CMLC610MH) which I found selling as a demo. I just wanna make sure it isnt all scruffed up.

I was wondering. Shimano has a life warranty, with these one pc rods, what happens when u have it in the car and you bust the tip, is this covered??

I handmake rod cases out of PVC pipe - easy and cheap.

Guest LivingLegend

I handmake rod cases out of PVC pipe - easy and cheap.

Hey I was just thinking of that, if I do get this rod I would want a case to protect it. Send me some pics of this pvc setup u do, I might be interested

Guest LivingLegend

yeah its covered, you gottta pay the shipping tho

So wouldnt peeps when they got good use outta their rods ,just bust it and get a new one?.....unsure.gif

MediumHeavy Fast action is pretty much the universal Bass/Pike/Walleye, rod and a 7 footer is great for adding a bit of extra casting distance and ability to set the hook with slack line, it also lets you control the fish better and help keep it from running under the boat.

If its a one rod does all then thats what I would do. However to be honest with you.

You could be better off getting three Crucials,

6'6" M XF for Walleye and drop shoting/Worming for Bass

7'MH Fast for Bass spinner baits, and crank baits

7'H Fast for bigger pike lures and fishin the slop for bass

jmho. :)

Crucials are nice rods for the price. I have/had some of every rod from shimano, from Convergence, Clarus, COmpre, Crucial Vrod, Cumara, cumulus and the cumara is dollar for dollar the best rod, followed by the compre, Vrod, crucial, cumulus clarus and convergence.

The cumulus is low because for that money I would buy a high end GLoomis instead, but its the best rod by shimano.

If you get it you won't be dissapointed.

Guest LivingLegend

MediumHeavy Fast action is pretty much the universal Bass/Pike/Walleye, rod and a 7 footer is great for adding a bit of extra casting distance and ability to set the hook with slack line, it also lets you control the fish better and help keep it from running under the boat.

If its a one rod does all then thats what I would do. However to be honest with you.

You could be better off getting three Crucials,

6'6" M XF for Walleye and drop shoting/Worming for Bass

7'MH Fast for Bass spinner baits, and crank baits

7'H Fast for bigger pike lures and fishin the slop for bass

jmho. smile.gif

Crucials are nice rods for the price. I have/had some of every rod from shimano, from Convergence, Clarus, COmpre, Crucial Vrod, Cumara, cumulus and the cumara is dollar for dollar the best rod, followed by the compre, Vrod, crucial, cumulus clarus and convergence.

The cumulus is low because for that money I would buy a high end GLoomis instead, but its the best rod by shimano.

If you get it you won't be dissapointed.

Awesome info, thanx for suggestions. i probably would hit up the crucials u mentioned yet I already have two shimano rods (nothing special) so I would like to treat myself to a nice light weight upgraded rod. I dont wanna spend the $349 plus tax yet Ive come across a demo cumulus rod going for alittle cheaper. Seller says there is a slight soiling on the rod handle from people holding it and it has never been fished with, seems pretty good to me, hopefully not to good to be true.....