Rainbows Through The ICE

luv2drift

I desperately want to fish for Rainbows throught the ice tomorrow. Does anyone have any suggestions. Some friends of mine went to Georgian bay and there was slush under the ice as far as the auger would reach???? If you have any suggestions please let me know. or pm me. Thanks.

I've experienced that before just west of Sibbalds Point...probably caused by fishing out from the mouth of a creek or river is my guess...we moved out further and along the shoreline a bit eastward and ran into clear water under the ice...the current must have been towards Jackson's Point...

Slush under the ice usually happens before the lake is totally frozen, and usually on bigger bodies of water. I've seen it lots on simcoe.

The wind will blow the broken ice under the thicker stuff that hasn't been broken........that's your slush under the ice.......and it stays all winter. I've had really good luck fishing on the outskirts of that stuff......seems to hold lots of inverts......the perch love it anyways. Just keep going until you find a spot to get your line down and you'll be good to go!

Sinker