fishing for a month

Hey everyone I had an appointment today with my opthamologist and it turns out I have been granted another month off work! This month should be even better because I am able to start being more active and living life practically the same. Basically my plan was to figure the ins and outs of crappie fishing this year. Well with a month off I think that is sufficient time to do this! Basically I am looking for tips and tricks of locating these fish . I have done some research already and have some great ideas of where to start but I could always use opinions and suggestions from you guys! So any advice that can be passed down would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

If you are going to try and find them over the course of August, you are going to be having a tougher time.

As far as panfishing goes, use no more than 3" baits. Right now, the hardest and most crucial part is finding a spot that will hold crappies by the schools. I will usually start fishing at around 7 or 8pm, and fish well into the night.

Permanent lights along the shoreline would be a good place to start..Not saying that any type of water with a streetlamp on the shore will hold fish, but it might be a good starting point. Weeds are a great asset. - I find that this applies well for Kawartha lakes, but not so much for lakes that are deep and rocky.

Seeing as you're from Midland, my advice may practically be useless if you're fishing in and around there. I don't think I catch crappie after dark in those Muskokan/shield lakes.