Hamilton Harbour (Sky Way Bridge)

Chris 362

Hey Guys,

Looking to try my hand at night fishing in this area, not targeting anything in general just looking to have fun. Tried with worms once and not even a nibble.......Any advice on baits or techniques?. Was thinking of trying with minnows.....

Thanks.

Hey Guys,

Looking to try my hand at night fishing in this area, not targeting anything in general just looking to have fun. Tried with worms once and not even a nibble.......Any advice on baits or techniques?. Was thinking of trying with minnows.....

Thanks.

Another couple weeks and chucking spoons off the pier will probably start producing

Try deep diving cranks along the walls for sheephead right now, hey they fight good abd are usually there at this time.

Coming in a few weeks back someone pulled a brown trout (or what looked to be) at the end of the launch.

As a teenager I caught browns starting in mid Aug am and late pm from the ship canal pier. As well as breakwalls along the hamilton/stoney creek shore. That pier use to be pretty busy in the spring and fall for salmon/bows, wonder what its like now. I use to fish it up until Dec. I use to hang row bags straight down off the end of the pier for Lakers in Nov/Dec.

Not sure how much as changed in 15-20 years but it should be the same.