Looking for opinions on a boat

hey guys, I know were to get a 19' starcraft I beleive its a 1900 profisher or something like that. its a side console with a open bow casting deck and TM the only prob is it's gutted I believe all the parts come with it and it has the left side stringer that runs the lenth of the boat is broken but theres enough room to overlap a peice of aluminium a good foot either way and my buddies a great tig welder and makes airtight tanks for water filtration. I am wondering if this would hold up if it was bolted in and welded would the stringer be strong enough to hold. I have to tear apart my current boat and do a resto anyways so doing the work is not a big deal I just don't want to go through all the trouble only to have it break again any thoughts would be appreciated this boat would be perfect for me and my family big and deep with a tonne of storage its just the broken stringer that has me worried .

LOL I'm not really looking just came across this boat I actually had a guy from another site tell me it would be strong enough to hold but I think I might just fix my tinner up it's 18'6" and in decent shape just needs the interior done but I might repower it just to be safe won't be for awhile anyways just looking for options/ideas I might even trade it in on a new 1 I have no clue yet thanks for the reply BrianB

I just had my 18' Starcraft torn apart. If you wanted to, you could remove the stringer completely by drilling out the rivets and make/install a new one or repair it. The big question is; what on earth kind of impact would it take to cause such a thing and what else are you going to need to repair?

I can't for the life of me imagine breaking one of those!

Yeah dan but I'm a bass fisherman I want a casting deck LOL but I do stand on the bow of the starcraft it's pretty cool what you can see from up there.Maybe I will just fix it up nice and wait a few years longer and buy a bass boat and have the best of both worlds I just get bored to fast I think LOL but I told the wife she's buying me a HDS 8 for x-mas lol she batter start saving now thanks for the imput .SP it actually looks like it has had a impact right at the bow cleet for the winch there's a flat spot just below it so your prolly right it must of hit something hard to break that stringer .

SP it actually looks like it has had a impact right at the bow cleet for the winch there's a flat spot just below it so your prolly right it must of hit something hard to break that stringer .

The stringers end long before the bow slopes; I don't think that could have caused it. I'd steer clear of it unless you can leak test for starters. Something tells me that this boat has been stressed right out.