Dead fish

walleyejack

I was out on the bog Tuesday and came across a dead fish floating along, have not much of an idea what it was tho. Was not a muskie, was not a pickeral, was apporximatley 26" long maybe a girth of about 12-14" maybe 8lbs,was not bloated too bad yet,large scales and mouth like a whitefish, could have been a sucker ? don t think so tho. never seen a fish like it at the bog, did not have camera with me.

I was out on the bog Tuesday and came across a dead fish floating along, have not much of an idea what it was tho. Was not a muskie, was not a pickeral, was apporximatley 26" long maybe a girth of about 12-14" maybe 8lbs,was not bloated too bad yet,large scales and mouth like a whitefish, could have been a sucker ? don t think so tho. never seen a fish like it at the bog, did not have camera with me.

Carps...there have been a bunch of them. Two years ago there was a massive die off.

They generally don't smell good when there's a die off of carp either - perhaps you got a whiff?

There was a major die-off, as previously stated, especially on the entire Severn Water System. We saw countless dead carp on Sparrow Lake that year, and people running resorts actually had designated dead carp areas.

Ryan

there has been a bunch of dead ones floating for the last week and a half. they are definetely carp. one day i counted 4 or 5 in one small area. all pretty big too. it was mentioned on another forum that it may have been from exhaustion during the spawn? sounds possible but i have seen many of them lately.