Walleye fishing on Manitoulin

Guest nuker

Guest nuker

I'm heading to Manitoulin Island for the long weekend. I usually go once a year to the wife's family cottage, but I've never fished the area. their cottage is a few kms south of Ten Mile Point off Hwy 6. Any time on the water is usually cruising in a big boat or some water sports in the SeaDoo boat.

I'm looking for walleye lakes in the area. I see Lake Manitou near by but lake trout seems to be dominant, few mention of walleye. I'm not willing to drive out too far (ie. Mindemoya/Kagawong).

Is there anything around Hwy 6 where I can launch my 18' Princecraft? Is Manitou my best option, and how safe is the lake?

Any suggestions or ideas you have would be great. I'm still searching the web for info.

Guest nuker

The few times I've been to Windfall Lake I've done well with walleye. That was years ago though.

i assume there is an appropriate boat launch?

i assume there is an appropriate boat launch?

Nothing is as 'appropriate' on the island as you might think ;)

It's a beauty area and you should do fine. My times there have mostly been spent at Meldrum Bay (At the farthest tip of the island), so I can't help you with much inland stuff. Keep your head up for bears though.

Guest nuker

Nothing is as 'appropriate' on the island as you might think ;)

It's a beauty area and you should do fine. My times there have mostly been spent at Meldrum Bay (At the farthest tip of the island), so I can't help you with much inland stuff. Keep your head up for bears though.

yeah definitely too far. google search on lake manitou doesn't show me any boat launch locations. also, very few sites make mention of walleye. the ones that do say they're huge. others just boast about lake trout.

i hear sucker lake may have some as well?

Guest nuker

drive to mindemoya. It is not far and a good walleye lake. It can get rough like Couchiching though so be careful

from bay estates rd. google figures about an hour for 60 km or so of driving. we'll consider that option.

very interested in lake manitou. anybody know of boat launches on the east side of the lake? i'd be coming down hwy 6.

Guest nuker

from bay estates rd. google figures about an hour for 60 km or so of driving. we'll consider that option.

very interested in lake manitou. anybody know of boat launches on the east side of the lake? i'd be coming down hwy 6.

how about any lakes between espanola and little current?

I see Lewis Lake just outside little current. Any walleyes in there?