WikiLeaks

ctranter

Stumbled across this TED conference video and found it fascinating. Maybe some of you have heard of this before, but I hadn't. This site basically ensures anonymity for people who supply leaked documents or other classified information. Everything on the site is available to the general population... Do a search for articles related to Canada for some interesting reads. There are hundreds of leaked documents from the war in the Middle East.

Interview with the editor-in-chief, Julian Assange:

TED Conference Interview about WikiLeaks

Like it or not, this just shows how easy it is for information to be leaked through the internet. This site streamlines that information into a single, user friendly site. I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, the public now has access to many "covered up" reports from governments all over the world. On the other, wrong-doers have access to leaked plane blueprints and other sensitive security related documents.

Edited by ctranter

• 3 weeks later...

Found this to be very interesting:

Here is the sparknotes version:

As explain by Chomsky, it was reported in a WikiLeaks document that Fallujah, a town in Iraq that has seen tons of fighting, had American medical doctors treat and research illnessess found in citizens of that area. The doctors reported significantly higher levels of cancers than those reported following Hiroshima. Not exactly conclusive evidence that US attacks influenced those cancers, but fascinating none the less. Just shows the importance of an outlet for Public Information like WikiLeaks.

Although I abolsutely HATE Fox News, I respect this guy's opinion of WikiLeaks:

Judge Andrew Napolitano on Wikileaks.

Found this to be very interesting:

Here is the sparknotes version:

As explain by Chomsky, it was reported in a WikiLeaks document that Fallujah, a town in Iraq that has seen tons of fighting, had American medical doctors treat and research illnessess found in citizens of that area. The doctors reported significantly higher levels of cancers than those reported following Hiroshima. Not exactly conclusive evidence that US attacks influenced those cancers, but fascinating none the less. Just shows the importance of an outlet for Public Information like WikiLeaks.

Although I abolsutely HATE Fox News, I respect this guy's opinion of WikiLeaks:

Judge Andrew Napolitano on Wikileaks.

Although Chomsky has some of the best speeches related to politics i've heard(hence the g-7 welcoming committee signing him on their label), but

keep in mind the rates of cancer world wide have increased since the 1940's ... 10 fold.

WikiLeaks is phenomenal, the governments defn' deserve all their laundry being aired out for the public ...