Long Point Bay

JohnF

I figured as long as we'd started this it might as well be finished. The first set of pics were the ones Ryan took. Here are mine.

In this one you see what greeted us as we pulled out of the marina bright and early. It didn't stay calm for long though.

LPB1.jpg

Here's a shot of the captain of the ship. He saw me with the camera and immediately assumed the steely grizzled sea captain scanning the seas pose.

CaptainRyan.jpg

Did I mention the jewel rattling ride? Here was the solution, sort of.

Throne.jpg

And finally this is our brave captain when he doesn't know the camera is on him.

NoExplanationNeeded.jpg

Now the report is complete.

JF

Nice pix John - how'd the fish pictures from your camera turn out?

Pic 1 - Dan if you're reading this I dunno how the heck the bay managed to lay down like that overnight. It was brutal on Saturday.

Pic 2 - I think it was more-so a case of me trying to hide my stogy in the event that Ginny saw this thread... :whistling:

Pic 3 - Up until the day before we went out John, my partners had to sit on the metal bench! I got that bad boy just for you! :thumbsup_anim:

Pic 4 - That's my patented, find the tree ninja move. Drive the boat, watch the GPS and look into the water for my big tree all at once... :ninja:

Thanks again JF!

Cheers,

Ryan

Pic 1 - Dan if you're reading this I dunno how the heck the bay managed to lay down like that overnight. It was brutal on Saturday.

Pic 2 - I think it was more-so a case of me trying to hide my stogy in the event that Ginny saw this thread... :whistling:

Pic 3 - Up until the day before we went out John, my partners had to sit on the metal bench! I got that bad boy just for you! :thumbsup_anim:

Pic 4 - That's my patented, find the tree ninja move. Drive the boat, watch the GPS and look into the water for my big tree all at once... :ninja:

Thanks again JF!

Cheers,

Ryan

You have no idea how grateful I am that you thought of that sling chair. It occurred to me later that it musta been something of a nuisance having me blocking yer view when we were running, kinda like me sitting right in front of the gps/sonar/whatever screen Garry was trying to watch while we were running. He just told me to get my fat butt outa the way. You didn't say boo.

As for the steel bench, obviously the rest of your guests are much younger, or at least more resilient, than me. My back (and everything else) seem almost back to normal. I sat in a recliner to sleep last night. It was actually the best night's sleep I've had in a long time though, so again there's a silver lining for every cloud.

As for pic 4, I thought it showed admirable dedication to duty that you didn't stop dropshotting all the time you were squirming around up there trying to find the tree. And it's a wonderful thing you did find it. Otherwise we'd have missed out on all those nifty Rock Bass.

Despite the bumping and banging I'd do it again any time. Especially now that I know the secret weapon for those weeds. I might even do without the shark glove just to show the scoffers that I really can handle those icky fish. And I know what to expect next time in the physical abuse department. I'll strap a big pillow to my ass. For all my whining about the bumpy ride I'm quite content in small boats. They were my childhood playground. It was interesting not quite having my sealegs at the beginning though. I guess that's what happens in 50 years of non-participation and aging. :oops:

And my kayaking buddy Rob (the lifelong bassfishing artist) really likes the sound of your reservoir if you ever feel like company to fish it. He's quite something to watch. He's spent 60 years mastering the wet noodle, crap reel and Original Rapala combo. Generally speaking his lure is worth as much as his rod and reel together.

JF

I don't have the pics on this computer but I think I only got the last bass. It was essentially the same as your pic except my belly was hanging out more.

JF

It's always a mystery, I'll be sitting at the cottage watching 5 footers and go to the bay and it's like glass.