new cotaage rental this year g bay

robinwood

we have been renting a cottage on an inland lake for 19 years -which is now up for sale -

mainly a bass lake mostly up to 2-3 lbs and could never get lost! in any event looked for a new one -we have booked one in the Skerryvore Georgian bay area moonlight bay for middle of August- I have just purchased a small handheld garmin garminmap 76cx on sale at west marine - and now looking for maps of the new area to avoid getting lost,hitting islands etc - there seems to be the blue map of eastern canada and the ontario inland lakes - not sure which one to buy - is the Georgian bay coverage identical on these - would appreciate any ones experience - I think there may be bigger fish out there !- have 15 hp 16ft tin boat -for exploring and fishing .

appreciate any comments and thank those who assisted in the past with trailer bearings, suggestions etc

Robinwood

"would like to go fishing more"

Edited by robinwood

im sure everyone on here will tell you one thing. even with a hand held gps pay very close attention out on gbay. tons of area's are marked but there are still some turtle backs an inch underwater that will wipe out the bottom end of your motor in a second. i havent fished the area in a very very long time so i cant really help much. just be careful. hope you enjoy your time there.

thanks for the input- I looked at marine chart and there are a zillion little X's on it

I guess the bad news is rocks - the good news is structure!

May have to bring the net on this trip!

Robin

im sure everyone on here will tell you one thing. even with a hand held gps pay very close attention out on gbay. tons of area's are marked but there are still some turtle backs an inch underwater that will wipe out the bottom end of your motor in a second. i havent fished the area in a very very long time so i cant really help much. just be careful. hope you enjoy your time there.