NF Anoyone heard of this before or seen it

vinnimon

We have always had them as kids here in the SW Ontario we would find there shells by the 100's all of us boys would head home with them covered on our shirts daily and you would always have to place them on your sister or mom just because we were boys.

I did find that they liked maple trees best as my house would have lots but a friend would have none on his tree I dont know what kind maybe oak.

I still here them but we dont have a maple tree so I dont find the shells I guess if I were to head to my neighbours house where I here them from I could get some shells for my son but then again the wife would kill me

Ah... the old "heat bug" !

Heard the ol heat bug the last 3 days in a row, and he or she has likely been heard daily since the heat wave started, a welcome noise in the summer, unlike Joe the Crow who sits on the lite pole outside a 6 oclock every morning and caws and caws until we wake up, must be the city version of the farmers rooster

Have heard them buzzing during the heat of summer since being a child.

Many times have found them, even as chrysalis coming out of ground.

Tonight my daughter saw this one climbing a tree before it came out of its shell.

IMG_0013-7.jpg

IMG_0015-3.jpg