Baby Loons

brandon

I went up to the Kirkland Lake area once again this past week for a bit of a family vacation. I brought all my gear up but wasn't planning on actually doing much shooting. I just wanted to do some fishing, relaxing, and not being in Windsor. Some friends of the family who live on a lake one over from ours told us of a family of loons on their lake and offered to take me out for some photos.... hard to pass up that chance.... here's what I came back with....enjoy!

AH3G0129.jpg

AH3G0164.jpg

AH3G0169.jpg

AH3G0173.jpg

AH3G0206.jpg

AH3G0247.jpg

AH3G0394.jpg

AH3G0445.jpg

AH3G0467.jpg

AH3G0487.jpg

AH3G0491.jpg

and lastly, 2 of my favorites from the bunch

AH3G0507.jpg

AH3G0629.jpg

Brandon ....i love the silhouettes the best ...others are exceptional captures as well...feeding time is way kewl...whens the next wild life contest? im thinking you should have a pre selection of your next entry on this board for your next submission

As always ...fantastic shooting ..

It always amazes me how peaceful and serene they are on top of the water and the kaos that is under ..

Thanks for checking them out guys!

Twocoda, that's a good idea for the next contest. I haven't heard of any lately to enter but if I do find one, I'll open up a poll on here as well as my facebook group to see which I should enter.

And the silhouettes are my faves as well....mainly the first one however I've re-edited it to brighten it up just a bit more....revised version can be found at the link below for those interested.

Common Loon Family at Sunset