Nanticoke Canada Day

Fish Farmer

The Hydro Canada Day, North wind, cold water in, perch gone out. Oh well, bring on the southerlies.

36888665.jpg

AFTER seven hours of fishing the hot water flow from the power plant the guy at the marina told us that they installed sonar to scare the fish away/keep people away from the rocks/docking on their property. I'd believe it since we didn't get a single bite, not even a goby. And it would also explain why we were the ONLY boat there trying to catch fish that weren't there.

Was anyone catching anything?

If what you say is true would really suck. I've had success out at the mouth of the warm flow. Maybe you can fish on either side of the outflow. I'll have to give it a try. But if you were the only boat there something must be up?

If what you say is true would really suck. I've had success out at the mouth of the warm flow. Maybe you can fish on either side of the outflow. I'll have to give it a try. But if you were the only boat there something must be up?

I went in the fall of 09. The guy at the marina seemed pretty sure about it. He said their out of town business has pretty much died since then as they were the closest marina to the warm flow.

I want someone else to chime in on this one.

That day we had a north wind the water temp was cold and the fish moved out. A couple days earlier guys were getting lots of perch, Silvers and Bass, not to mention Eries finest "DRUM" :rofl2:

Looks like you were fishing by where the coal comes from the ships right? (I've only been once but it was for 8 hours lol)

Was anyone by where the water runs out?

• 2 weeks later...

ahhh the elusive Freshwater Boot...errr Drum

That day we had a north wind the water temp was cold and the fish moved out. A couple days earlier guys were getting lots of perch, Silvers and Bass, not to mention Eries finest "DRUM" :rofl2: