Back from Florida...

Markystang

Well, I've been back from Florida for a week a week or so now, but this is the first chance I've had to write this up. I just sold my house, so it has kept me pretty busy lately.

Anyway, we only got out on the water for one day (other than fishing the pond at the RV park...). We chartered a 24' pontoon boat in Cocoa Beach and fished the Banana River for 4 hours one afternoon. The action was pretty slow though with a cold front just moving out. Saw some nice Sheepheads under a couple docks, but they spooked too easily for us to catch them. We moved on to the bridge by the highway and caught several "Grunts" as our guide called them by the support girders, as well as a nice Sea Trout that was 1" under the 15" limit size. My 15 year old sister had a Stingray on, but it spit the hook coming out of the water. It still made her day though...

All in all, a pretty good day, and my first time salt-water fishing. Even though we didn't catch much, it was still great to be out on the water in the middle of February.

Sorry, no pictures...I forgot my camera.

Thanks!

Mark