Help on Weslemkoon PLEASE

morgie

I have never fished Weslemkoon Lake, up near Bancroft before, but a buddy and I plan to go over to try a day or two in late July or early August.

If anyone with experience on the lake would care to help us out with any information, general areas, or even spots, we would sure appreciate it. We are used to fishing the trilakes but want to try some new waters this year.

And we live release all bass caught.

Many thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Fished there long time ago. It was a great lrg and smallmouth bass lake. Use to catch smallmouth in 20' around island and largemouth in usual spots. Many 5lb plus catches. If you have a chance, there a small lake off WLK at the north east end. Very narrow pass but if you tip your motor up all the way you can make it. On the left is deep water and in oon the right is stumps. Have great success. Hope this info is still valid. It was 20 years ago but I remember it well.

google earth..Caverlys Landing and there is a marina right there called tanglewood. The also rent boats and there's usually ample parking. The lakes got a big cliff to jump from (just ask the dude at tanglewood where it is)

but be careful, a guy died there a few years ago. Lots of smallmouth from my experience.

Post some pics.. I haven't been there in a while.