boat carpet cleaning

I did mine with the pressure washer last weekend and it came out looking like new carpet. After the pressure washer, I used the shop vac then let it sit in the sun for a couple hours and it was done.

Have the transom of your boat on the downside of a slope if posssible and pull the drain plug and 99% of the water will drain out as your doing it.

Lots better than renting a carpet cleaner plus the cost of the cleaning solution. :thumbsup_anim:

Nice to get into a clean boat. How often do you guys do yours? I know that it depends on usage but generally speaking....do you clean your boats out thoroughly once a year? Once a month? After every outing?

And yes, I use a pressure washer too...spray any dirt spots with a mild detergent...a few scrubs with a brush then wash away.

I keep my boat real clean all the time Roy and usually wash it & vaccum after every trip. Same as my truck, it usually gets washed a couple times a week too.

I may be kinda fanatical about that sorta thing, but I enjoy putzing around with my stuff. :lol:

I'll endorse the power wash idea also. I had been looking for a way to clean the carpet in my boat for several years and used spot cleaner etc. Recently the people on this board recommended the power wash system - and it worked great. Set your washer on fan spray and like Lew suggested - open the drain plug and try to have your boat tilted to the back. I wouldn,t recommend using too much/any soap - apparently that just takes longer to was out. I was amazed at how much crud washed out of my carpet and how good it looked when done. I used the shop vac to suck outta the carpet as much water as I could. Half a day in the sun the boat was dry. This will certainly be something I do much more often.

Edited by Rob V