Annual Getaway

spincast

So, every year me and two guys get away up North of North Bay to fish, eat, fish, eat, fish, drink, sleep.

this year was the first year with the new to me boat. Had to add a trolling motor and a board to hold the rods / riggers before she was ready but she looked pretty good once the sun came out

opeechee2010014.jpg

That was day 2 however - day one POURED rain. We left the cameras in the cottage - and good thing too as I was wet even through the rubberized rain suit.

Day 1 fishing was pretty good - couple of walleyes in the slot we had to let go, one over (Just),

opeechee2010036.jpg

opeechee2010002.jpg

one under

opeechee2010001.jpg

in addition a few pike released and oos bass

day two was a great start in the morning with the pike banging mepps #5

Day1pikebeforetherain-rm.jpg

opeechee2010007.jpg

for the first 24 hours we hit 24 fish,includinga couple really large sm bass that were definitley not guarding nests from their location - all were still released boat side as quickly as possible (oh man - one was like 21 inches if he as a minnow)

My buddy Kev - devout trout man - never used to use spinners - he is a changed man

opeechee2010050.jpg

This guy was seriously hungry - note the bulge in the belly; hit the spinner so hard we couldn't release him

opeechee2010004.jpg

Turns out he had a taste for sunfish:

opeechee2010006.jpg

We banged over 50 fish in three days, --- and then someone closed the door. For the next 24 hours we had only two 1 perch and 1 walleye. I hear it may have had something to do with an invasion of fisherman to Lakair Lodge?

whistling.gif

Fished from sun up to sun down with a break for a quick bite.

opeechee2010044.jpg

Took days of fishing to unwind me and make me feel relaxed -

been back to work for 5 now, and by day 2 all the benefits were gone.

Into the jaws

opeechee2010045.jpg

How long till I can do this everyday?????

Sorry team 7 - usually I would come back with at least one entry but the one that could have took me under the boat and anchor rope.