Muskie Bay - Lake Nipissing

Muskie Bay - Lake Nipissing

Has anyone fished in this bay or in the general area and had success?It's up along the north west ridge (South Shore area) going up away from mouth of South River.I'm heading up on the 19th for one week, I usually fish everywhere between the mouth of South River, Hunter's Bay area and towards Wades Landing. Around all the islands in all those areas.I would really like to get away from these areas and try out some new spots. I also heard Gull Island/s (Not sure exactly where it's at) is pretty good for Walleye on the North side.Not sure about south side.How bad is it for rocks around here?Or any place that I did not mention for Muskie and Pike.

Many thanks...

Cheers,

John

Man... I can't wait to go.

Edited by Broken Bobber

The area around the gulls is treacherous for rocks. Most are not marked and the low water levels will make it even more so.

Take your time and you will likely be fine but a mapping GPS would be useful.

Keep in mind the water is over two feet low.

But the biggest thing to watch out for in the area you are speaking of is a north or north-east wind. It can stir up some big waves. The shoreline faces north east across a large expanse of water.

I have not fished much this year and cannot tell you how the fishing is at this time.

Find shoals with steep drops where the rock meets the mud bottom at around 30 feet for pickerel.

The shadfly hatch is pretty much over here so they probably will be back on the shoals.

I do not fish for Musky but trolling around the shoals can be productive (so I have heard).

Good luck fishing.

The area around the gulls is treacherous for rocks. Most are not marked and the low water levels will make it even more so.

Take your time and you will likely be fine but a mapping GPS would be useful.

Keep in mind the water is over two feet low.

But the biggest thing to watch out for in the area you are speaking of is a north or north-east wind. It can stir up some big waves. The shoreline faces north east across a large expanse of water.

I have not fished much this year and cannot tell you how the fishing is at this time.

Find shoals with steep drops where the rock meets the mud bottom at around 30 feet for pickerel.

The shadfly hatch is pretty much over here so they probably will be back on the shoals.

I do not fish for Musky but trolling around the shoals can be productive (so I have heard).

Good luck fishing.

Hey Bernie...

Thanks very much for the info...

I will post some pics of my success... :)

Cheers,

John

Hey Bernie...

Thanks very much for the info...

I will post some pics of my success... :)

Cheers,

John

As Bernie said but keep in mind to fish the thermocline when on the deeper shoals.Usually between 17ft to 22ft of water...The walleye seem to like this depth in the northern shield lakes.