10" Power worm

4x4bassin

Has any one here used these worms or had any success with these "monsters" I have heard alot of good things about them

but i'm not too sure , they might be a little on the big side for our northern lakes.

Any particular patterns used succesfuly with these ? I have the idea that these should catch the bigger bass.

Thanks , getting ready for the 26th !!!!!

DG

A few years ago coming out of walleye mans boat rental on Sparrow early in the morning, my buddy cast to the left by the rocky shore, shaded area with a little fog on the water. He was using A 10" berkley in red/black texas rigged. Pulls out his PB largemouth. I'm not good at guessing fish weights, easily over 6lb very conservative estimate. He had most of his hand in its mouth while lipping it. Huge worms do catch huge bass, but he has not caught a thing on that worm size since.

I've been very lucky and caught many 3-5+ lb bass, (strangely some 25inch pike too) using a standard 5-6" worm. So I guess I'm more consistent.

IMO its not the size of your worm, its what you do with it :lol:.

You could buy a 10" pack and cut a few down to say 5-7" and then compare your results. edit I've heard many times it depends where you are fishing. High pressure fishing areas and/or when the bite is tough, downsize the worm and go with subtle movements. Bass can move really close to it to inspect and mouth it just to be sure its a meal. When the bass are active and have a feedbag on definitely go with a big fat long worm and catch a hog.

I love to go weightless and twitch it, never over working it or it looks un natural. Carolina rigging and shaky too. The more flexible worms are my favorites. Like the berkley shakey powerbait (gulp dries out and I hate it now). Floating paddle tail is awesome and I can really tempt them to bite with just a rod tip twitch.

I heard good things about the http://www.jackall-l...lick_shake.html so I'm going to buy those too this weekend. Good thing about worms is that they are fairly cheap baits to buy. This video is overhype but its kind of good at showing the worm action under water.

Edited by Syn