Night Hawk Lake

moosehead

Hi guys,

My uncle has a hunting camp that is 10 minutes away from night hawk lake and we are looking to head up there for some ice fishing. The only time i have been there is in the fall for moose hunting.

I am looking for info on the lake such as ice conditions, access points and general locations to fish as it is a big lake.

Any guys fish this lake? Your help would be much appreciated.

been there a couple times to my bro's hut, not this year though so don't know the ice conditions, but woould think there should be plenty of ice, we accessed the lake at a campground not far passed fredrickhouse river, from there went straight out about 1 km or maybe 2km, (go to the huts), we always caught plenty of sauger, (small pickerel type fish) and lots of mooneyes, fishing with set lines did well with both chubs and shiners,

Hey Moosehead,

I havent been there all year this year,but from what Im hearing, there doing pretty good this year,I usually spend

my winters out there, but this year, well has not been a good year for anything this winter.

But like walleyejigger post,he is right.

There probly is about 3 to 4 ft of ice.I tried in front of my house on the river on sunday, and there was a good foot of ice.So, the lake should have PLENTY

Anyway, good luck and hope you catch your limit