What to pack for Florida

stasbrute

Headin to disney world with the family, stayin at a condo near park that has a lake on the property plan to do a little fishin inbetween park hoppin. must pack lite as we are flyin down there also going to cocoa beach (atlantic ocean) for a couple of days wil try some salt water action as well. i have packed some plastics a spinner bait and some rapalas anyone have any tips/slash baits that I should include????

Hey Grog book a Bass fishing outting on site at Disney.I enjoyed the bass fishing at Disney unfortunately we had lousy weather lots of thunderstorms.I was out for an hour with the whole family in a spacious Pontoon boat $225 us for 2 hours all equipment and lures supplied.We hooked into a couple of small Bass and the black clouds rolled in it started to rain thunder lightning the whole nine yards .So we get back to the dock and I ask the Guide what do I owe you now since we were only out for an hour .I said what about $112.50 right.Wrong since you had lousy weather that hour is no charge.That is why people go back to Disney.Ask for Peter he was a great guide originally from Seracuse N.Y. :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::clapping:

Hi Grog,

I was just down there, posted a little report a few days ago.

For the bass, I brought a selection of plastics, spinnerbaits, and a few topwaters. Mostly fished with the plastics close to grass or pads. The #1 choice of the locals is to fish wild shiners, under a float or freely-hooked.

I stayed at a place on Melbourne, about 20 min south of Cocoa Beach. My wife or I caught jack crevalle, sheepshead, sailfin catfish, snapper, and a small snook on jigs or on shrimp under a Cajun Thunder float. I don't know if they sell them here, but I picked some up (remembering them from a previous Florida fishing trip) at the Orlando Bass Pro Shops on International Drive. It's fairly close to the Disney World complex.

You can get shrimp at any local bait & tackle shop in Cocoa Beach, and a lot of marinas and fish camps sell shiners.

Good luck, hope you get to do some fishing and post a report when you get back.

Mike