On CHCH TV Tonight

pikehunter

Owning Mahowny A bank manager (Hoffman) with: (a) a gambling problem and (B) access to a multi-million dollar account gets into a messy situation. Based on the story of the largest one-man bank fraud in Canadian history.

Starring: Philip Seymour Hoffman, Minnie Driver, John Hurt

Wednesday

May 12

7-9pm

Many of my friends appeared in this Canadian made movie about a hard time gambler who actually lived in Burlington ON. I was asked to play a very, very small part in it but turned it down as I was on workers comp at the time. I missed my chance at fame LOL :rofl2::jerry: Oh well, maybe in another lifetime :dunno::whistling: It is interesting to me personally anyway to see some of the people I knew that also worked(s) in the gaming business.

If you have some time to kill it may be worth watching.

The name is spelt differently, but I played on a hockey team with the real guy while the crime was happening, and our sons hang out together. He did did time and then was hired by a firm to prevent it happening again. Good guy, good movie. P.S. He lived in Pickering at the time. Still does.

Edited by fishermccann

Dave, I was to be a player at the craps table. It's interesting to watch the movie and pick out the background people, dealers etc. and recognize them. I should have done it just for the experience alone. Not likely comp would have got wind of it anyway.