e-tech outboards

curlrap

I have a 40hp tiller e-tech (pull start). The engine does not have a shallow drive on it, i was inquiring about getting a hydraulic trim/tilt system. The dealer said he would check and call me back, but never did. I asked the mechanic who works at the dealership and he said that he never seen them before for that type of engine. My brother has a 40 hp mercury tiller and he has a hydraulic pistin which allows him to lift the motor with a finger. He can also lock it a different position. Any experts who can help me this?

Edited by curlrap

well you can buy aftermarket trim/tilt

or you can tilt it a bit and stick a hunk of wood to hold it up a bit for shallow drive

My motor is a 2006, i hope they fix this in the future because i think this is a real problem. I tore up a prop once, seconds after unloading from the trailer and i am always scared to hit bottom when putting it on the trailer. You better not have a sore back either when lifting out of the water because it't not light. I can't see myself carrying a 2x4 in my boat but thanks for the advice.

I am surprised it's that heavy. I have had bigger motors with no trim/tilt and was able to tilt them without too much trouble

and I use to use a small 2x4 to hold the motor up a bit while trailering the boat and did use it to shallow drive a few times...it was better then nothing ..

but here is an aftermarket

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0013330014812a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntt=tilt&Ntk=Products&sort=all&Go.y=8&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form1&Go.x=16

I had one years ago..worked well