Point Au Baril Boat Launch

muskieb

muskie, it has bee 20 years since I have been there but there was one right off of hwy 69 across from Kennedy`s general store. A gulf station on the corner of 69 and the side road? There also was a bait store a little farther down the side road that had a beach I used to launch at also, but summer and warm water.

No idea where to look up Kennedy`s number, but the people there used to be great and they may be able to help you out?

C. C. KENNEDY CO. LTD.

Box 269, Hwy 644

Pointe Au Baril, ON

CANADA P0G 1K0

Tel: (705) 366-2211

Type: Shopping -> Retail Sales

Region: Village of Pointe Au Baril

Comments: Year Round Operation Featuring Hardware, Variety Goods & Groceries, Home Hardware & Grocery Store

As far as I know there are no free launches (unless you are friends with somebody) in Pointe au Baril. There is a launch right in town, but it will cost you a pretty penny. Try calling Desmasdons Boatworks in Pointe au Baril. Maybe they can point you in the right direction (705-366-2581).

There is a public launch across from CC Kennedy's. I was by there a few weeks ago, and it looks like they have been reconstructing the walls around that area. I'm not certain that it's even there any more. All I know is that it is a sketchy launch pad, and really steep and broken up. I remember inspecting the launch thinking that one day I may go in from there, but realized it would be a bad idea. There are several marinas on both north and south sides of the bay, but I'm not sure how much their fees are. There is a bait shop on the east side of the hwy across from the gas station. If you call them, they will be more than happy to help you out. They are good people.

Good luck!

E & R Tackle & Bait

Phone #: 705-366-2558