Walleye

Cosmos

Hi guys.

I need some good advises to be a little bit more successful with walleye.

I would really appreciate if you will be able to share some information with me?

Looks like canadian walleye is more picky than his russian brother.

I got them only accidentally i would say. All my trips to target only walleye finished unsuccessfully.

Last one on BOQ last Saturday didn't bring any walleyes for me. Pikes, basses - but not a walleye. I was doing some trolling with deep crancking baits(rapalas), was casting in the weed line, jigging.

I really want to start catching this fish.

Can you share some technique and your most popular lures?

Thank you

Sounds like you were doing some of the right things. Jigging twisters is my favourite at this time of the year. I should say dragging jigs over the tops of emerging weeds or in muddy pockets between weedbeds, set the hook as soon as you feel anything. Cranking minnow baits such as bombers over those same weeds is also good in the spring. I like the colour white in both those baits.

Trolling and jigging are probably the most popular methods. Go and do some jigging where all the other boats are. Jig and minnow. As far as trolling I like to use baits that have a wider wobble, verses the tight wobble. But every day is different what worked today may not work tomorrow.But your on the right track. Planer boards are a nice piece of kit to have as well.