Rapala Line That Bass Pro Had On Sale

Stern Rules

I just realized after spooling two reels that the Rapala line that was on sale at Bass Pro was labeled wrong. Like I said, last year they didn't seem to have any 8 lb. test but had lots this year. I got 3 spools of the 8 or so I thought. All boxes said 8 lb but two of the spools said 6. What the hell! :angry: I wonder how many more are like that. Not much of a difference but I got 3 boxes of 6 last year and now 2 more that I don't need. Kinda late to do anything now but who would think to check? Not happy. Has anyone else noticed this?

I just realized after spooling two reels that the Rapala line that was on sale at Bass Pro was labeled wrong. Like I said, last year they didn't seem to have any 8 lb. test but had lots this year. I got 3 spools of the 8 or so I thought. All boxes said 8 lb but two of the spools said 6. What the hell! :angry: I wonder how many more are like that. Not much of a difference but I got 3 boxes of 6 last year and now 2 more that I don't need. Kinda late to do anything now but who would think to check? Not happy. Has anyone else noticed this?

haha i was lucky my brother notice the difference when we were picking the lines, or else I would have 5 packs of 17lb BOX with 8lb line inside...lol. Maybe this is the reason why they are cheap??? lol...

I spooled one of the 14lb lines on my baitcaster, and it seems to be pretty smooth when i cast it with Rapala x-rap. So far there isn't any problem with the line. Hope it stays that way.... :D

I suspected something was odd when the line was breaking so easily. Did some tests and sure enough each package I bought was over rated by 2lbs. The actual weight rating was determined by the real line diameter and not the package marking.

Wasn't a big deal in the end as I used 4lb "marked" line for Perch rather than the intended Crappie. :dunno:

nuts. I picked up some of the 17lb stuff to use as backing on my musky reels. If its actually 8 I better make pretty darn sure I never get into the backing! The only time I ever do is when you're trolling with the current on the niagara, and hit a snag. You can get into the backing in a hurry when that happens!