Back from Costa Rica

Well made it back safe from Costa Rica and let me tell ya lovely country but man it was hot,I knew it was going to be hot but I did not expect temps between 99-104 everyday with a humidex that was off the chart.

The experience at the Liberia airport was an absolute joke,one person trying to deal with 200 plus people trying to pay the departure tax,weighing luggage on what looked like a glorified bathroom scale lots of people getting hit for 20 bucks a kilo and lots of people pissed claiming the scale was rigged.

We saw luggage going on the plane and luggage coming off the plane,saw bags being rolled across the tarmac back into building and others coming out.

All that seemed kind of strange so I started asking questions and to our surprise we discovered that there were 24 more butts than there were seats in the plane and apparently these poor people may not get out of Costa Rica until Monday all this of course was because of the Skyservice mess.

It was hilarious watching the airport officials trying to do a head count with people walking here and there, interesting that when all this confusion was going on the Nolitour rep was mia.

The boarding call was interesting one of the workers off the tarmac wih her squeaky voice announced you can board now so you had a mad dash to get on the plane apparently I was not the only one that was aware of the seat situation,you can imagine what the cabin of the plane looked like people with front seats boarding from the rear and vice versa all you could was shake your head.

I almost forgot one of the cracker jack ground crew that were driving those big truck things you see at airports was reversing and lost control of the machine and he bailed out and the thing was heading for the front landing gear of the 737 fortunately one of the ground crew managed to climb on this contraption and he got it stopped with about a foot to spare.

All in all a great vacation but the Liberia airport officials need serious training upgrades and Nolitours you should be sued for leaving those people stranded.

Hotel was good,food was fantastic,people great,went to Sharkey`s in Tamarindo to watch my Habs blow a 4-1 lead in game two.

Amazing how the locals don`t sweat in 100 degree heat while our crew were melting.

Lots of Americans living there met many 40 year old surfing hippies and a lot of college drop-outs who seem content to surf and get high.

Will never go back just to damn hot!!

Better?

Guest gbfisher

Hotel was good,food was fantastic,people great,went to Sharkey`s in Tamarindo to watch my Habs blow a 4-1 lead in game two.

Amazing how the locals don`t sweat in 100 degree heat while our crew were melting.

Lots of Americans living there met many 40 year old surfing hippies and a lot of college drop-outs who seem content to surf and get high.

Will never go back just to damn hot!!

Better?

nope.. No women or fishing? I know, the fishing is expensive. :sarcasm:

You outta write to Nolitours and kick up a big stink.

Booked a trip with Sunwing to Belize and it was the same kinda logistical nightmare.. We missed our connection from Roatan and had to spend the night.. Rep mia.. freaking departing and entering taxes and not enough change!! It was a total farce.

Got 500 bones worth of vouchers though, in case I decide to give em another chance, the buggers.

HD