HAbs and Caps

bigugli

Back to Montreal - interesting to see how the habs come out with the home crowd behind them!

As long as the hometown crowd stays behind them. Habs fans can be kinda fickle. It doesn't pay to make one mistake in front of them. That brings out the boobirds. I feel sorry for the Habs players sometimes. Montreal could learn a lot about fan loyalty from Toronto but that'll never happen.

JF

I would say that Leaf fans could learn a lot from Montreal fans. When you pay big money for a ticket and the show is sub-par, you have every right to let the team know how you feel.

Seems to me it would make more sense if you don't like your team any more to quit paying the exorbitant ticket prices instead. I'll go back to my marriage analogy. Once you start booing and mocking your spouse perhaps that's the time to call it quits and find a new love who better measures up to your demanding standards. Toronto fans are loyal. They just keep cheering for the old shoe and revel in the small improvements. One day the Leafs will get to the top again and their fans will be the happiest people in the hockey world. All loyal fans deserve success but none more than the Toronto fans.

JF

Montreal could learn a lot about fan loyalty from Toronto but that'll never happen.

Yes and no. Toronto fans are jaded. They are probably one of the reasons the leafs had been mis-managed for so long.

They could finish last in the east for the next 5 years, and still sell out every game. When the executives know that money will roll in no matter what.. does that really help the team?

Seems to me it would make more sense if you don't like your team any more to quit paying the exorbitant ticket prices instead.

Ticket prices are exorbitant in Toronto.

There was a bit of a riff after last season in Montreal, with team members and media calling out certain members of their fan base. A lot of the booing and harassment was coming from the riff-raff in the "Molson Ex Zone" or whatever they call it (ie; the cheap seats). "Riff-raff" was not the term that was used lol.