Tube Jig Rod

MCTFisher9120

I use one of my walleye jigging rods. They are perfect. If you listen to the fishing shows you will have enough rods in your boat to bloody well sink the thing, and you will only have to tie 20 knots a year. Lol.

Edited by Grimace

I'm in the market for a new spinning rod to pair up with my 2500 Stradic, mostly for drop-shotting, dragging a tube, worming, etc. I have a lighter spinning rod I mostly use for walleye jigging, small topwater, small crankbaits, etc.

I'm leaning towards a 7' medium weight Compre but it's hard to find any with a slower action than fast.

Any other suggestions in the $100 range?

If you want to save some dough and get an awesome tube rod for the money look for a Compre 7' Medium, Extra Fast one piece.

JP

JP, I took your advice and picked through the Compre rods at CTC in Lindsay and found just the rod you mentioned, CPS-X70MB. It was a little pricy at $140 compared to most of their Compre spinning rods at $110, but i think it's just what I need.

I use one of these:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_74432____SearchResults

Mine's the 7' M Fast action, Very sensitive rod, IM8 graphite and a really nice blank overall for the money. Awesome backbone as well.

I use this rod for my senkos, dropshotting, small jerkbaits and tubes.

My most versatile setup for sure. If you're at basspro anytime soon, I highly recommend you check this rod out. No complaints here.

Good to hear Jer, sounds like they charged for it though... typically I see them for 115-125.

That rod will do quite a few things well.

Actually, now that I look again, it was only $130. I don't know why most of the other Compres were $110. There was a similiar Clarus for $105, but the Compre felt much better in my hand. The Crucial they had in the same size felt really nice as well, but at $160, it was too rich for my blood.

I already own an older Compre baitcaster and a newer Clarus spinning rod and have no issues with either.

I guess I can try out the new rod in a few weeks for the walleye opener, should do well for some medium sized cranks and jerkbaits. Drop-shotting for pics is an option as well.