Daughter hit a deer

lew

Glad to hear she's all right , hit one myself this winter , been deer hunting for over 30 years and never got a ten point untill now , to bad it had to be with my car . I was not so lucky as he came feet first thu the window , still got large wound where his antler went thu my calf and came out the back (another scar to show grandkids), nothing like shareing the front seet with a mortally wounded deer kicking and head butting ,after i got the car stopped and rolled out the door,he still kicked and butted for another 10 minutes inside untill he finally died was no way I was getting back in the car with him to finish it, thank god another guy came by and stopped as I left my cell phone on the seat. Car a right off between the damage in the front and the mess he made (his blood and mine )on the inside ,seats console dash dystroyed by his hooves . But at least I got the last shot in as he tasted real good, what the butcher could save .I am looking into those whistles for the new car.It all happened so fast ac/dc cranked on the radio came up over a hill and bang he was headed straight for me on the hood .

what are they going to do with that deer?

Don't know what happened to it kvd, last my daughter saw was the OPP pulling it off to the side of the road. I spose anybody could have it if they wanted it.

As to the deer whistles on cars, I remember reading an article on them where studies were done and evidentely they didn't really make that much of a difference overall as many folks with them were still hitting deer on the roads.

Who knows though, perhaps they do indeed scare some critters off the road and it would be nice to think they've actually prevented some accidents.

capt bruce, thanks for sharing that and it shows how bad these critter collisions can really be. Good to hear you got out alive but it sure sounds like the deer made a mess of both you and your car.

Scary stuff fer sure.

Glad to hear Sheri is okay.

My next door neighbour is the visiting Nurse up here. She drives thousands of km. on back roads every month. Usually she hits one deer a year.

Last year she had a "Bush Bar" installed hoping to reduce the damage her truck sustains.

Garry